Using a dried-on anti-spatter like BorNiGuard offers several significant advantages:
- Applied to nozzles, tips, diffusers, cutting tips, fixtures, cables, etc. the coating will quickly dry to a durable film and remain fully effective for hours, days, months or years prior to using in the welding/cutting area or cell.
- This dry coating will not drip during welding like traditional spatter sprays and gels that can lead to poor quality and frequent stops where a continuous weld is necessary.
- You can apply BorNiGuard ceramic anti-spatter to, say, a week's worth of consumables and these can be held in the welding cell for quick change-over.
- note: apply BorNiGuard to clean oxide-free surfaces for best results. Apply to many consumables at once by placing parts closely together in a way to accept a thin continuous spray and maximize coating coverage.
- Dried BorNiGuard protective coating will not lead to porosity as readily as traditional spatter sprays and gels.